Pages

Popular Posts

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Generic vs. Name Brands

If you want to slash your grocery bill dramatically, you cannot be brand loyal. Almost all stores carry a generic brand or a less expensive brand. You should try buying the store brand and test if the taste is the same as the brand you are used to buying. Some things just aren't.

I don't like sodas, but I sometimes as a mixer or on a random craving, it tastes great. However, even though I can't really taste the difference between Pepsi and Coke or Diet Coke and Coke, I can taste the difference between Coke and store brand cola at most places. I've noticed that Publix makes a good soda and don't mind buying their version of Sprite or Coke. However, you must experiment. If you don't try the other brand of hot dogs or cheese, you might not realize that it is the same or even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment