Pages

Popular Posts

Friday, December 4, 2015

Kayak Moneysaving Tip

I use kayak.com for my flight searches as they truly do aggregate well and have the cheapest options. One tip, if you also use kayak.com, is to clear your browsing history and cookies and to search again. I just saved myself $120 on a ticket! Kayak.com increases the prices of tickets  with repeated searches as the system knows that you need that ticket and your willingness to pay is probably more than someone who is simply browsing for the first time. 

Some sites also charge you more based on your location and hardware. For example, Staples.com charges people whose IP address is in a remote location more (based on a business school case I did) because they know those people cannot quickly run to a nearby store. And, some companies charge you more on an iPad and less on a PC as iPads are usually owned by the richer people in a society. So, clear your history and use a PC if you can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment